PyCon UK Talks and Tutorials List Up

michael

Jul 29, 2008, 4:51:50 PM7/29/08
to edupython
Hi,

[ I've just sent this message to a handful of places - so apologies if
you see this in multiple places. I'm trying to pick groups that
hopefully contain interested parties and also know of other interested
parties ]

Putting on my Pycon UK hat, I'm really pleased to announce that we've
announced the majority of talks, as well as the tutorials for this
year.

PyCon UK 2008 is the second PyCon event in the UK, and is being held
on 12th to 14th September at the Birmingham Conservatoire. It's a non-
profit, community organised conference with a high focus on
"interesting, affordable and fun" :-)

The conference starts with a day of tutorials on the Friday. The
timetable for the tutorials day has now been published:

http://www.pyconuk.org/timetable.html

Abstracts for the talks, tutorials and BOFs are also now up:

http://www.pyconuk.org/talk_abstracts.html

Personally I think the list of talks looks great, but then I'm
biased :-)

The early bird rate (£65) is still open (but not for too much longer):

http://www.pyconuk.org/booking.html

We are almost there with the schedule, the plenary sessions will
include Lightning talks as well as keynotes from Mark Shuttleworth and
Ted Leung.

We may be accepting a couple more talks if we can squeeze them in
somewhere. (If you are expecting to give a talk but have not given us
an abstract, then please give it to us ASAP) (there's a few more
things we know are going in)

Also, we're looking for people to be session chairs, assist with audio
& video recording (we have a few volunteers for that already), and
general assistance. More sponsors are of course always welcome.

Please do forward this to whomever you think would be interested.

Michael (on behalf of the Pycon UK committee)