PyCon Activities

Michael Tobis

Feb 3, 2007, 11:39:46 AM2/3/07
to edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org
Happy February y'all.

So, what are we planning to do at PyCon in the edu-sig? It's linked from the PyCon 07 front page but doesn't seem to go anywhere. Is there some organizing activity that I don't know about?

Any ideas about rooms, times, presentations? Another dinner?

mt

Jeffrey Elkner

Feb 3, 2007, 11:45:10 AM2/3/07
to edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org
Thanks for taking the initiative on this Michael. I'll be heavily involved in SchoolTool/CanDo planning. In addition to sprinting Feb. 26 to Mar. 1, the team will probably be meeting evenings durning the conference as well.

I'll be able to sneak out to edupython events, however, and look forward to meeting with other edupython folks at the conference.

Thanks!

jeff

Vern Ceder

Feb 3, 2007, 1:50:35 PM2/3/07
to Michael Tobis, edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org
The link from the PyCon 2007 page is all that I know of. We do need to
decide on a night for dinner, and I assume that might be followed (as in
the past) by moving to a room for more discussion.

When were you thinking of giving your Python as a First Language talk?
Last year we did dinner in the hotel restaurant on Friday evening,
followed by a gathering for discussion in one of the conference rooms.

If someone has a suggestion for a restaurant, that would be good, but we
need to decide on the night...

Cheers,
Vern Ceder

This time for sure!
-Bullwinkle J. Moose
-----------------------------
Vern Ceder, Director of Technology
Canterbury School, 3210 Smith Road, Ft Wayne, IN 46804
vce...@canterburyschool.org; 260-436-0746; FAX: 260-436-5137

Vern Ceder

Feb 4, 2007, 12:25:21 AM2/4/07
to mto...@gmail.com, edup...@googlegroups.com, edu...@python.org
One thought comes to me in looking at the schedule...

The newby talk could be on Friday, opposite the Python lab session and
the edu-sig dinner would then be Saturday. My reasoning is that the
Python lab session will attract the more experienced programmers, but
not anyone new to programming or Python.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Vern