From: Eric Brewer <bre...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: ti...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:01 PM
Subject: [TIER] Fwd: $80 Android Phone Sells Like Hotcakes in Kenya, the World Next? | Singularity Hub

I feel like I have been waiting for this day for since 2003.  Finally, a
decent extensible Internet access device for $80.  350,000 sold already
in Kenya.  A nice combination of Moore's Law, Chinese manufacturing, and
open-source software (Android), plus some localized apps as well. And
the price will drop some more...

A truly great enabler for developing regions; now we need (more) content
and apps that make sense.  The ecosystem is started, obviously
sustainable, and will grow, and all of Africa will benefit.

http://singularityhub.com/2011/08/16/80-android-phone-sells-like-hotcakes-in-kenya-the-world-next/

-Eric

Osvaldo Rodriguez

未讀,
2011年8月17日 下午5:12:362011/8/17
收件者:edu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

If you are interested in mlearning here goes a set of emails that are of interest specially for the developing world.

Osvaldo

C. Osvaldo RODRIGUEZ
cor...@yahoo.com