Penultimate MOOCast - Aug. 10 1400GMT

Jeff Lebow

Aug 9, 2011, 11:43:12 PM8/9/11
to eduMOOC
Hello all,

We'll be at it again this week - Aug. 10 1400GMT (global times:
http://bit.ly/pNenex )
This week, we'll like touch on 'Collaboratives, Collectives, & Clouds'
as well as the 'redefining a MOOC' discussion, but as always the floor
is open and we're glad to talk about resources, ideas, and feedback
related to any topics of interest.
Video stream and text chat at: http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/p/moocast-studio.html
Log in is not required to enter the text chat - just type, enter a
nickname, and save changes. All are welcome to join the conversation.
The 'join hangout' link will be posted in the text chat and on my G+
profile page at http://bit.ly/rr73Nv

Look forward to connecting soon,
Jeff

Jeff Lebow

Aug 10, 2011, 10:27:15 PM8/10/11
to eduMOOC
The August 10 Penultimate MOOCast is now posted at:
http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/2011/08/week7-moocast-august-10-2011.html

Thanks to Bernie DeKoven, Kay Endriss, Chahira Nouira, Alison
Snieckus, Osvaldo Rodriguez, Rob Darrow, Sanford Arbogast, & Lisa Lane
for another great discussion. Topics included how much and what kind
of facilitation is best for a MOOC, what qualifies as a MOOC,
synchronous vs asynchronous participation, other open content
collaborative endeavors (like wikieducator), and super spectacular
statistics course resources.

Join us next week for the EduMOOC 2011 Gradcast - Aug. 17 1400GMT
(global times: http://bit.ly/oYkVFe )

Until then, I hope everyone has a great final week of EduMOOC,
Jeff