duh...

Joyce Dibble

Dec 12, 2007, 11:10:15 AM12/12/07
to edt...@googlegroups.com
Well...I did send this out last week but duh..it did not go through because I sent it from
my Sac State email account instead of my gmail account.
Sorry about that.

Here is what I thought I sent you last week!

Hi Class!

Please use this week to put the finishing touches on your presentations.
Here is the link to the final project page so you can double check to see that
all the bases are covered.

You have been a great class to work with and I hope that you have learned a few new technology tools and teaching strategies that you will be able to carry into your professional life.

I do want to let you in on a little secret....

As teachers we know that what students say, write, and how they behave can be influenced by our presence.
Sometimes, all it takes is for us to give them one of our 'teacher looks' and they stop doing something or we give them praise and they will do that thing a hundred times. While I did read all of your forum responses, I purposely 'stayed out of sight', so that the 233 class could develop its own rapport and not be influenced by what I said, or to whom I responded. And thankfully, because you are all adults, I did not have to monitor your posts for inappropriate language or images, and I chose to let you respond to one another without my comment.

The forum (a.k.a. message board) is a place where students can discuss and debate their thoughts about current issues, they can respond to specific topic that you assign. It can be used as a communication tool for clubs or with parent groups. To use the forum successfully, without constant teacher intervention, requires that the students self-monitor. Students must agree ahead of time on appropriate standards of behavior and they must be committed to upholding them.  How you handle this pre-forum training depends on the grade level you teach. More details (or a signed contract) for the high school students and a few simple rules for the younger students. I hope that you will consider using this communication tool in some way with your students in the future.

So I have been lurking (a technical term used to describe people who read message boards but are not yet ready to participate in the discussion) about the whole time. Many times it was hard to stand by and not click that 'reply' button because my favorite format, besides face-to-face, is the forum.

I  look forward to seeing your presentations on Dec. 14/15.

F2F 12/14 Fri Face-to-Face  4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  - Final Project Due
F2F 12/15 Sat Face-to-Face  9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.  - Final Project Due
I will post the schedule for presentations after next week.
(If you have any special requirements please remind me via email because I may have forgotten.)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Joyce

Joyce Dibble M.A. Ed
Instructor
College of  Education, Eureka Hall 218
Department of Teacher Education
California State University Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6079

Karen McAleney

Dec 12, 2007, 1:42:58 PM12/12/07
to edt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joyce,
I tried to send you messages through the forum, but I am not sure if you check your private messages.  I will not be there in Friday due to the previously scheduled fundraiser that night.  Due to the absence, we discussed my group presenting on Saturday.  Additionally, I was hoping I could do an alternate assignment to make up for my absence since I scheduled the event around the originally scheduled class dates.  I would like to have the opportunity to receive an A in this course.
Thank you,
Karen

Karen McAleney

Dec 12, 2007, 1:44:09 PM12/12/07
to edt...@googlegroups.com
I didn't mean to send this to everyone!

Patricia Solda

Dec 12, 2007, 2:38:44 PM12/12/07
to edt...@googlegroups.com
What's the login and password? When I click on the link a window asking for a login and a password.

Pat Solda

On Wednesday, December 12, 2007, at 08:10AM, "Joyce Dibble" <jedi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Well...I did send this out last week but duh..it did not go through because
>I sent it from
>my Sac State email account instead of my gmail account.
>Sorry about that.
>

>Here is what I *thought *I sent you last week!

> Hi Class!
>
>Please use this week to put the finishing touches on your presentations.
>Here is the link to the final project page so you can double check to see
>that
>all the bases are covered.

>http://www.csus.edu/indiv/d/dibblej/233/assignments/233_final_project.html<https://webmail.saclink.csus.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=30f6ec183aae4d5084ca321f98cde3a4&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.csus.edu%2findiv%2fd%2fdibblej%2f233%2fassignments%2f233_final_project.html>

> *F2F* *12/14 * *Fri* Face-to-Face 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Final Project
>Due *F2F* *12/15* *Sat* Face-to-Face 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Final

kd farrell

Dec 12, 2007, 5:53:31 PM12/12/07
to edt...@googlegroups.com
For what?