Maude Barlow Book Launch October 8th! and more!

Council of Canadians Edmonton

Sep 12, 2013, 5:52:26 PM9/12/13
to edmont...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Hope your summer went well, September is sure shaping up to be a beautiful month here in the Capital City region.  I have some exciting news to share with you, Maude Barlow will be making an Edmonton stop on her book tour this Fall!  She will be here on October 8th at the Telus Centre on the U of A campus (more information below).

We've also got a great Water Initiative being launched by the newly invigorated Council of Canadians U of A Chapter.  RSVP to their upcoming Kickoff Meeting (Sept.19th at 5:30pm at Remedy Cafe on 109 St.) here.

Additionally, the Council of Canadians Annual General Meeting is also coming up on October 25-27 in Saskatoon.  We'd love if you could join us for an eventful and inspiring weekend at the Bessborough!  For more information or to register, please visit our webpage: http://www.canadians.org/conference

This fall is going to be a busy one, we've got a lot to work to do but some very exciting events in the works!  If you'd like to attend one of our meetings, please join us on Facebook, like us on Facebook or contact us at edmonto...@yahoo.com.  If you are a student or identify as youth, please also like our U of A Council of Canadians page.

Kind regards,

The Council of Canadians Edmonton Chapter

Maude Barlow’s “Blue Future” Book Launch!
Join the Council of Canadians for an evening with Maude Barlow at the Edmonton book launch of her new book, Blue Future: Protecting Water for People and the Planet Forever.
Where: University of Alberta, Telus Building Room 150 (Map: http://goo.gl/maps/yFjHs)

When: October 8th, 2013 7:00-9:00pm

Blue Future is a powerful, penetrating, and timely look at the global water crisis — and what we can do to prevent it. The final installment in Barlow’s Blue trilogy, Blue Future includes inspiring stories of struggle and resistance from marginalized communities, as well as examples of government policies that work for people and the planet. A call to action to create a water-secure world, it is, in the end, a book of hope.
Copies of Blue Future will be available for purchase, and Maude will be signing books after her presentation.
For more information on Blue Future, visit http://www.houseofanansi.com/Blue-Future-P2172.aspx

This event is co-sponsored by Council of Canadians U of A Chapter, Council of Canadians Edmonton Chapter, Parkland Institute and the Our Water Is Not For Sale Network.

About the Author:

Maude Barlow is the author of sixteen books, including the international bestsellers Blue Gold: The Fight to Stop the Corporate Threat of the World’s Water (co-written with Tony Clarke) and Blue Covenant: The Global Water Crisis and the Coming Battle for the Right to Water. She is currently the National Chairperson of the Council of Canadians. She served as Senior Advisor on Water to the 63rd President of the United Nations General Assembly and was a leader in the campaign to have water recognized as a human right by the UN. She lives in Ottawa, Ontario.

For more information, email alo...@canadians.org