Social Policy Framework Consultations - the deadline has been extended until August 30, 2012

Angela vardy

Aug 2, 2012, 11:35:20 AM8/2/12
to Google Listserve

I would like to inform you that the Social Policy Framework Consultations "Speak-Share-Thrive" public engagement deadline has been extended until August 30, 2012.

By visiting the Social Policy framework online (http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca) you have taken the first step towards becoming a partner in creating a social policy framework for Alberta.

The Social Policy Framework will guide the future of Albertas social policies and programs, things like childcare, employment, housing, poverty and community disability services.  Issues that affect all Albertans.

The basic premise is that social policy affects everyone.  That is why we want to encourage as many people as possible to get involved in the engagement process.

The Speak-Share-Thrive platform is a new and innovative approach to engagement.  Through it, we are being invited to contribute to the content for the Framework.  We are also being invited to use this platform to discuss how we can achieve better outcomes for Albertans.

Wondering How to Get Involved? You can:

·         Read relevant documents http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca/Library

·         Participate in discussions in your community  http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca/Discussion_Kit

·         Contribute by editing the wiki or writing a blog  http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca/Strategies/Wiki_Main

·         Complete the survey http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca/Survey

·         Send  your thoughts directly via email to:  hs.soci...@gov.ab.ca

You can also get more information at http://socialpolicy.alberta.ca/Guide_Participation

The new ACDS website has resources for members to reference with some relevant key messages under the “Members Only” section http://www.acds.ca/membership.php

If you don’t have your login in and password yet for the “members only” section, please contact ali...@acds.ca or (403) 250-9495 ext. 239

Ann

Alberta Council of Disability Services (ACDS)
www.acds.ca

OPT out:  If you no longer wish to receive information updates, monthly membership Memo’s etc. from ACDS please email ac...@acds.ca to be removed from the Membership information email list.

Notice of Confidentiality:  The information contained in this communication may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender.