Two more upcoming events in Edmonton

1 view

Council of Canadians Edmonton

May 13, 2013, 1:56:32 PM5/13/13
to edmont...@googlegroups.com
Dear Council of Canadians-Edmonton Chapter supporter,

We wanted to let you know about a couple more upcoming events in Edmonton this month that you may be interested in.

Please also mark your calendars for the evening of Thursday, June 6 for the Edmonton Chapter's AGM. We'll be sending out full details shortly.

***

Social Justice Film Night: “Soldiers of Peace”

A 90 min documentary about grass roots projects in chronic hot spots and war zones around the world, which are promoting peace and understanding successfully.

If you think that world peace is a lost cause, you will leave with a more hopeful outlook.

Co sponsored by the Edmonton Women in Black and the Social Justice Committee of the Unitarian Church of Edmonton.

May 15th, (Wed) 7:30 PM
Unitarian Church of Edmonton
10804 119 St.

Free Admission, ample free parking.
All are welcome!

***

Block the Party: Rally Against Cuts to Public Services in Alberta
Saturday, May 25 (Noon - 2:00 pm)
45th Avenue between Gateway Boulevard and Calgary Trail S, just North of the Radisson Hotel

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/464134810329188/

On May 25th, the Progressive Conservative (PC) Party will be having a policy convention at the Radisson Hotel for PCAA members to discuss and provide input into PC policy issues.

We think that they are going down the wrong road.

Albertans are standing together for a BLOCK (the) PARTY rally from 12-2pm on Saturday, May 25th to create a block against the policies and recent budget cuts that negatively impact families, the most vulnerable, and all sectors in Alberta.

Rally will be at: 45th Avenue between Gateway Boulevard and Calgary Trail S, just North of the Radisson Hotel

Come together with other Albertans for a fun-filled afternoon to remind our leaders that there is another way!

The party will showcase Mock Booths and demonstrate how the government cannot fix our revenue problems by cutting public services and borrowing billions from the banks. Rather, their policies are only making our problems worse. There are costs to cuts.

We encourage you, your friends and your families to join us and let your voice be heard.