Annual General Meeting

Council of Canadians Edmonton

May 29, 2013, 4:39:14 PM5/29/13
to edmont...@googlegroups.com
Council of Canadians Edmonton Chapter 2013 Annual General Meeting
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
7 PM - 9 PM
Edmonton Public Library (Idylwylde Branch – 8310-88 Avenue, Edmonton – near the north side of Bonnie Doone Shopping Centre)

DEAR COUNCIL OF CANADIANS SUPPORTER:

You are cordially invited to attend our Annual General Meeting to help us celebrate the work we have done over the past year and to continue our work promoting democracy and opposing corporate rule in Canada. The meeting will consist of an election of our Edmonton Executive, light refreshments and a presentation by Public Interest Alberta’s Executive Director, Bill Moore-Kilgannon.

Citizens Can Make Shift Happen

Bill Moore-Kilgannon (see Bio below) will speak about the important role that citizens play in shifting the political process when they work together through organizations like the Council of Canadians.   There is no question that doing advocacy work in Alberta can be challenging, but there are many real examples of successful advocacy that we need learn from and celebrate.  If we can learn how to be successful advocates, then we can not only help to shift our political culture in support of the public interest, but also make friends and have fun along the way!

Bill Moore-Kilgannon is currently the Executive Director of Public Interest Alberta.  Before his time at PIA, Bill worked in Ottawa as the Director of Campaigns and Communications for the Council of Canadians from 2001 – 2004 and was the Executive Director of the Parkland Institute at the University of Alberta from 1997 - 2001. He worked as coordinator of the Global Visions Festival from 1992 – 1997 and is also a documentary video maker (his most recent production is a video about the music, art, and theatre of street children in Nicaragua).  Bill has also worked as a forest firefighter in Alberta.  Bill studied Canadian and Latin American history, Political Science and Economics at the University of Alberta and l’Unversité de Sherbrooke in Quebec.  He speaks French and Spanish.

For more information, please check out the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/399979186784900/?ref=22