Editorconfig plugin for Notepad++ not working as expected

Mirco Adler

Feb 23, 2021, 8:20:37 AM2/23/21
to EditorConfig
Hi,

I am using Notepad++ v7.9.1 (64bit) and the EditorConfig plugin 0.4

The content of my .editorconfig file is this:

# EditorConfig website: https://EditorConfig.org

[*]
charset = utf-8
indent_style = space
indent_size = 2

Now when I open some text file from that folder or a subfolder, Notepad++ still interprets and saves the file as ANSI encoding.
However, the plugin's dialog "Show EditorConfig settings for this file" correctly shows utf-8 as required encoding.
(Use case: Open a file without any special characters, then add some special characters such as äöü, then save the file -> Expected is that the file is saved in utf-8, but it is saved as ANSI)

2nd issue: the indent_size is not read when opening the file (in my case it is 4). Only after chosing the plugin's menu "Reload EditorConfig for this file" the indent_size is changed to the expected 2.

It seems to me that the plugin is not working with the current Notepad++, or do I do something wrong?

Regards,
Mirco