editorconfig is not working in Visual Studio 2017 when my sotution is not in my C drive

Tarek Hamza

May 20, 2017, 6:15:30 PM5/20/17
to EditorConfig

I have added a .editorconfig file at my solution base folder but Visual Studio 2017 keeps using its settings, but this happenes just when the solution folder is not in the C drive (if the solution folder is in the C drive .editorconfig file is working perfectly).

I have also tried to add .editorconfig file to each project of the solution but still the same problem.

Note that I have root = true in my .editorconfig file.

I am using the following version of Visual Studio:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 version 15.2 (26430.06)

Oleg Tkachenko

May 21, 2017, 3:15:33 PM5/21/17
to editor...@googlegroups.com
I will follow up with Tarek out of this mail list as this is Visual Studio specific question.

Oleg

Tarek Hamza

May 21, 2017, 6:07:04 PM5/21/17
to EditorConfig
I somehow figured out how to solve this problem.

My solution folder had a parent folder named between square brackets [] like this [ParentFolderName]so I removed the square brackets and everything worked as expected.

For a reason or another editorconfig file does not do anything when the solution folder has a parent folder named between square brackets. The IDE (in my case Visual Studio 2017) uses its settings.