EditorConfig Core for Qt5

Justin Dailey

Apr 19, 2020, 2:41:44 PM4/19/20
to EditorConfig
Hello all,
I have a mostly working implementation of the EditorConfig core written for Qt5.

https://github.com/dail8859/editorconfig-core-qt

There has been interest in the past (see https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-qtcreator/issues/3) to have a Qt-based core that does not rely on the preexisting editorconfig-core-c (which includes its own PCRE). I had a need to write one for myself and I am making this available for anyone interested in using/developing this core. A bit about the current state of this:
  1. It is passing 86% of tests currently.
  2. I am only able to test this on Windows using Qt 5.14
  3. I am not a Qt expert, so if anything looks odd feel free to make suggestions.
Questions/comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Justin

Hong Xu

Apr 19, 2020, 7:02:15 PM4/19/20
to editor...@googlegroups.com, Justin Dailey
On 4/19/20 11:41 AM, Justin Dailey wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have a mostly working implementation of the EditorConfig core written for Qt5.
>
> https://github.com/dail8859/editorconfig-core-qt
>
> There has been interest in the past (see https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-qtcreator/issues/3) to have a Qt-based core that does not rely on the preexisting editorconfig-core-c (which includes its own PCRE). I had a need to write one for myself and I am making this available for anyone interested in using/developing this core. A bit about the current state of this:
>
> 1. It is passing 86% of tests currently.
> 2. I am only able to test this on Windows using Qt 5.14
> 3. I am not a Qt expert, so if anything looks odd feel free to make suggestions.
>
> Questions/comments are welcome.

Awesome, Justin! This is great work! Feel free to let us know when it's ready. Optionally you can also elect to move the repo under editorconfig organization.

Thanks!
Hong

Justin Dailey

Apr 20, 2020, 11:25:29 AM4/20/20
to EditorConfig
Got it passing a few more tests now. I'd be fine moving it to the EditorConfig organization, just let me know what all you need from my side of things.

Thanks,
Justin

Herbert Graeber

Apr 20, 2020, 4:26:12 PM4/20/20
to editor...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Am Montag, 20. April 2020, 17:25:29 CEST schrieb Justin Dailey:
> Got it passing a few more tests now. I'd be fine moving it to the
> EditorConfig organization, just let me know what all you need from my side
> of things.

I will start a branch of editorconfig-qtcreator using the new library.

Further, I can make tests on linux with some older qt versions.

> On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 7:02:15 PM UTC-4, Hong Xu wrote:
> > On 4/19/20 11:41 AM, Justin Dailey wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > I have a mostly working implementation of the EditorConfig core written
> >
> > for Qt5.
> >
> > > https://github.com/dail8859/editorconfig-core-qt
> > >
> > > There has been interest in the past (see
> >
> > https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-qtcreator/issues/3) to have
> > a Qt-based core that does not rely on the preexisting editorconfig-core-c
> > (which includes its own PCRE). I had a need to write one for myself and I
> > am making this available for anyone interested in using/developing this
> >
> > core. A bit about the current state of this:
> > > 1. It is passing 86% of tests currently.
> > > 2. I am only able to test this on Windows using Qt 5.14
> > > 3. I am not a Qt expert, so if anything looks odd feel free to make
> >
> > suggestions.
> >
> > > Questions/comments are welcome.
> >
> > Awesome, Justin! This is great work! Feel free to let us know when it's
> > ready. Optionally you can also elect to move the repo under editorconfig
> > organization.

Herbert

Hong Xu

Apr 20, 2020, 4:32:43 PM4/20/20
to Justin Dailey, editor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

You can add me (@xuhdev) as an owner of the repo and I can make the move.

Thanks,
Hong

On 4/20/20 8:25 AM, Justin Dailey wrote:
> Got it passing a few more tests now. I'd be fine moving it to the EditorConfig organization, just let me know what all you need from my side of things.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 7:02:15 PM UTC-4, Hong Xu wrote:
>
> On 4/19/20 11:41 AM, Justin Dailey wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have a mostly working implementation of the EditorConfig core written for Qt5.
> >
> > https://github.com/dail8859/editorconfig-core-qt <https://github.com/dail8859/editorconfig-core-qt>
> >
> > There has been interest in the past (see https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-qtcreator/issues/3 <https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-qtcreator/issues/3>) to have a Qt-based core that does not rely on the preexisting editorconfig-core-c (which includes its own PCRE). I had a need to write one for myself and I am making this available for anyone interested in using/developing this core. A bit about the current state of this:
> >
> >  1. It is passing 86% of tests currently.
> >  2. I am only able to test this on Windows using Qt 5.14
> >  3. I am not a Qt expert, so if anything looks odd feel free to make suggestions.
> >
> > Questions/comments are welcome.
> >

> Awesome, Justin! This is great work! Feel free to let us know when it's ready. Optionally you can also elect to move the repo under editorconfig organization.
>
> Thanks!
> Hong

Justin Dailey

Apr 20, 2020, 8:31:47 PM4/20/20
to EditorConfig
Herbert, sounds great. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to make it easier to use.

Hong, I have sent you an invite. I think once you accept that then I can give you whatever access is needed.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Dailey

Apr 20, 2020, 9:18:01 PM4/20/20
to EditorConfig
It shows you are a collaborator. Dont believe I can give you any additional access such as (co) owner access since it isnt part of an organization.

Worst case scenario just clone my repo and push it to one you create in the editorconfig organization. Its not like there is a need to save any issues, PRs, wiki, etc from my repo since there has not been any activity other than a few commits that have been pushed.

Thanks,
Justin

Hong Xu

Apr 20, 2020, 9:33:07 PM4/20/20
On 4/20/20 6:18 PM, Justin Dailey wrote:
> It shows you are a collaborator. Dont believe I can give you any additional access such as (co) owner access since it isnt part of an organization.
>
> Worst case scenario just clone my repo and push it to one you create in the editorconfig organization. Its not like there is a need to save any issues, PRs, wiki, etc from my repo since there has not been any activity other than a few commits that have been pushed.

I forked your repo to editorconfig. Once you confirm you have all access to the new repo (except the permission to delete the repo for security concerns), deleting the original repo should make the transition work without losing anything currently in the repo.

Thanks for creating the Qt core again!

Hong

Justin Dailey

Apr 20, 2020, 9:47:23 PM4/20/20
to EditorConfig
Hong,
It seems I've recieved the appropriate invites. Once I have access to my dev machine again (hopefully tomorrow) I will verify access to the new repository and then delete the original one so that development can continue on the official EditorConfig version. Thanks so much! Glad to have this as part of the official project!

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Dailey

Apr 22, 2020, 10:43:03 AM4/22/20
to EditorConfig
Hong,
I've deleted my repository so everything should be fine now. One thing though, could you enable the "issues" tab on the editorconfig/editorconfig-core-qt repository? I dont have permissions to change that setting.

Thanks,
Justin