ES and Husserl (Life in a Jewish Family)

LG Brownell

Aug 12, 2010, 1:10:58 AM8/12/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com, edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
If I didn't know most of you...I wouldn't go out on a limb offering something like this....but I do, so I do...

Understanding somewhat the importance of ES and H working together ....I find it interesting ES was very disappointed in dealing w/him as an ass't. She offered to fill his need for an assistant....(P411) he could pay her 100 Marks a month (less than $20)...she put her teaching career on hold...she lasted from (approx.) October 1916 to early 1919.

(P416-417) H wrote in Gabelsberger shorthand on paper scraps...packed in haphazard bundles dated from 1903...she would get things organized...come across important notes such as "time consciousness"....he would refuse to go over them and at times threaten to burn everything (as it was unimportant).

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c6382c131e5c701696st02vuc

LG Brownell

Aug 12, 2010, 1:19:34 AM8/12/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com, edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
$20 in 1916 would be about $420 today

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c6384a913903668dacst03vuc

Sean Gaffney

Aug 12, 2010, 2:29:05 AM8/12/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
Linda,

You are capturing something of her spirit, her personality. I have two qualities in mind for Edith, throughout her life: loyalty and commitment. To her mother, her siblings, her friends, Husserl, her colleagues, her community, her faith.

This is the context of her philosophising and her choice of such an emotionless method...

And EMPATHY as a subject.

Seán

LG Brownell

Aug 12, 2010, 3:02:07 AM8/12/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com

S....yes, yes and extremely private....

Phil came in late....woke me up....so now its 4AM and I am wide awake...

Have a tremendously great day....
L:)

Linda,

You are capturing something of her spirit, her personality. I have two qualities in mind for Edith, throughout her life: loyalty and commitment. To her mother, her siblings, her friends, Husserl, her colleagues, her community, her faith.

This is the context of her philosophising and her choice of such an emotionless method...

And EMPATHY as a subject.

Se�n