Files at the site

1 view

Philip Brownell

Oct 13, 2010, 1:24:26 PM10/13/10
to Edith Stein Study Group
Hello,
I just discovered that as of November 1st Google will no longer
support the uploading and storing of files. Thus, all the resources I
have loaded at our google groups site for the study of Edith Stein,
will go away.

This development also affects the International research project many
of people are involved with (thank you frickin' GOOGLE!!).

Therefore, I am going to move the files to an independent site called
Gestalt Research. I'll let you know the url and how to access the
files once I manage this (like I really didn't need this at this point
in my life).

Phil

Sean Gaffney

Oct 13, 2010, 1:45:55 PM10/13/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
Phil,

Thank you.

Edith will certainly put in a good word for you with The Powers That Be...

Incidentally, the student who put me onto Edith is defending her thesis on November 1 and I am attending...

Seán

Philip Brownell

Oct 13, 2010, 3:16:38 PM10/13/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seán,
The November 1st defense sounds interesting.  I hope you enjoy it and also provide support.

I am slowly reading Life in a Jewish Family. She is a detailed writer.  I find this material interesting from a field perspective (as I did with Eric Metaxas' s biography of Eric Bonhoeffer).  Both Stein and Bonhoeffer were contemporaries (and met the same fate at the hands of the Nazis).

I have not given up on this study of Stein.  I think I will be at it for some time to come.  Next comes Knowledge and Faith (actually, I've dipped into this already and am reading it alongside her autobiography).

Phil

Sean Gaffney

Oct 13, 2010, 2:24:41 PM10/13/10
to edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
Phil,

You put your finger on it: Edith is hard to fully get into and impossible to leave! I am still battling on with "Empathy" and also dipping into her "Life" and her "Letters".

What a person!

Seán