Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Philip Brownell

olvasatlan,
2010. júl. 18. 15:16:362010. 07. 18.
– Edith Stein Study Group
Sean sent this in for John:

Dear Seán,

Thank you for this invitation. I would be delighted to help in any way
possible. It is great that so many people are interested in Stein's
philosophical writings. IASPES was founded really to promote this
end.

Might I suggest inviting Mette Lebech (mette....@nuim.ie) she is
the founding member of IASPES, but is currently working with Prof.
Hannah Barbara Gerl-Falkovitz in Dresden on projects relating to
Stein. I would be hopeful that she would have some spare time to help
out and that you may be able to meet up with us in Maynooth next
semester given you come to Dublin often.

That would be great if Sarah Borden-Sharkey was able to join your
group. Her book Edith Stein, (Continuum, 2004) is an excellent
introduction to add to the introductions by Sawicki, Calcagno and
MacIntyre.

I have tried to collect 'all' the secondary writings on Edith's
philosophy in an article which might come in useful if you are wishing
to pursue more secondary commentary on her work,
http://eprints.nuim.ie/view/authors/Gurmin,_John_Haydn.html -
I aimed to filter the philosophical work from Sarah's much more
comprehensive bibliography on the Baltimore Carmel website (see
footnotes for exact links).

Here is a link to an article by Mette on Stein's Phenomenology of the
Body, which might be of interest to the researcher on embodiment -
http://eprints.nuim.ie/1555/

I of course extend invitations for everyone interested to become
members of IASPES and we would welcome you all to Maynooth in Summer
2011. All going well.

With every good wish for your new adventure.

Philip Brownell

olvasatlan,
2010. júl. 19. 7:38:212010. 07. 19.
– Edith Stein Study Group
I want to announce that Marianne Sawicki will be joining us as well.
I will add her right after sending this message, which she just sent
to me through email:

"Hello, nice to hear from you again. I do not know what a Google
study group is. But yes, you can add me to it. Based on past
experience, I would say that you should try to limit membership to
people with serious background in Gestalt psychology. Edith Stein
tends to attract religious fanatics, otherwise. But maybe there is
already a way to control for this in a Google study group.

I read through the materials you sent me earlier. I think that the
phenomenology of time is a key to some of the issues. That is,
distinguishing between cause and motive, etc. "

On Jul 18, 3:16 pm, Philip Brownell <philbrown...@logic.bm> wrote:
> Sean sent this in for John:
>
> Dear Seán,
>
> Thank you for this invitation. I would be delighted to help in any way
> possible. It is great that so many people are interested in Stein's
> philosophical writings. IASPES was founded really to promote this
> end.
>
> Might I suggest inviting Mette Lebech (mette.leb...@nuim.ie) she is
> the founding member of IASPES, but is currently working with Prof.
> Hannah Barbara Gerl-Falkovitz in Dresden on projects relating to
> Stein. I would be hopeful that she would have some spare time to help
> out and that you may be able to meet up with us in Maynooth next
> semester given you come to Dublin often.
>
> That would be great if Sarah Borden-Sharkey was able to join your
> group.  Her book Edith Stein, (Continuum, 2004)  is an excellent
> introduction to add to the introductions by Sawicki, Calcagno and
> MacIntyre.
>
> I have tried to collect 'all' the secondary writings on Edith's
> philosophy in an article which might come in useful if you are wishing
> to pursue more secondary commentary on her work,http://eprints.nuim.ie/view/authors/Gurmin,_John_Haydn.html  -
>  I aimed to filter the philosophical work from Sarah's much more
> comprehensive bibliography on the Baltimore Carmel website (see
> footnotes for exact links).
>
> Here is a link to an article by Mette on Stein's Phenomenology of the
> Body, which might be of interest to the researcher on embodiment  -http://eprints.nuim.ie/1555/
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek
Továbbítás