Re: of interest? It is, to me. But who has the time to read these things?

Philip Brownell

Jul 24, 2010, 8:35:02 AM7/24/10
to Sean Gaffney, Dan Bloom, edith-stein...@googlegroups.com
I don't know.  Dan sent his Luft paper that way.  I'm forwarding this to the group.  I have also now added Linda.
Phil

On Jul 24, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Sean Gaffney wrote:

Phil,

According to Sarah Borden, there are two versions of the Husserl-Aquinas paper. One translated by Walter Redmond in Knowledge and Faith and one by Mary Cathering Baseheart in Person in the World. Apparently, none other than Heidegger himself had encouraged her to develop the paper.

Sarah does a wonderful review of the literature in the Berkman book I mentioned in an earlier mail.

Why are we communicating kind of back-channel?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Philip Brownell <philbr...@logic.bm> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2010, at 12:43 AM, Dan Bloom wrote:

> <Luft_Metawar.pdf>

This gives a context for Stein's use of "spirit" (geist) in her pre-conversion writing.  Also for the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, which I'm reading as well right now.  It's all running together–the world of early 20th century Europe, and Germany in particular.

Reputedly, Knowledge and Faith, Potency and Act, and Finite and Eternal Being comprise the core of her thought, and I'm looking forward to them.  In Knowledge and Faith she constructs a dialogue between Husserl and Aquinas.  How gestalt can you get?

Phil

--
www.egenart.info/gaffney