A Slice of Life

Edith Cook

Jul 8, 2023, 11:26:39 AM7/8/23
to edith-cook

Dear Friends and Readers,

It has taken me a while to forward the piece my editor titled, “Behind Bars in 2023” (Life Behind Bars in 2023 | Columnists | thecheyennepost.com), for the person in jail was yours truly.

The “Behind Bars” write-up does not go into what gave rise to the event—that’ll take longer yet to disclose. I will say this: When it became apparent my life was flying off the rails, I went to two people I trust and asked them to write something about me. I reasoned, when someone says things about you he knows to be false to a sheriff (or should have known; he is 95 and suffers from bouts of dementia along with bursts of rage and anxiety attacks), it’s important to have a counter-narrative for consolation. So, I’ve attached them also.

My editor cut a paragraph from the attached docx document to shorten it. You are welcome to read one or the other-- or neither.

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

56Jailbird.docx
TAMU.docx