Changes are coming

1 view

Edith Cook

Oct 8, 2022, 6:45:09 PM10/8/22
to edith-cook

Edith Cook e104...@gmail.com

AttachmentsMon, Oct 3, 11:33 AM (5 days ago)
to edith-cook
Hello, Friends and Readers,

I am writing this at a time of leave-taking, which has cost me much anxiety--see my column in the Cheyenne Post on "Downsizing." Mingled with apprehension is sadness about leaving a place, and friends who are dear.

The process has been full of exasperating twists and turns. My house finally sold on Sept. 30, and the purchase of my Saratoga house will go ahead within the next few days. After that, the movers arrive to take my stuff to Saratoga, to a house half the size of this one, with no acreage as I have here. I've spent the last six weeks packing boxes and cleaning closets and rooms as I've emptied them. I'm at once sad and sick of the whole thing.

It is also posted on my website under Cheyenne Post Columns.

Further, I tried to attach a photo sent from a fellow guitarist at the Cheyenne Guitar Society but a google message came that it was too large. The pic is posted on my website. It will be a while before I join the group again--maybe in the summer of 2023. If you like, visit the CGS website--http://cheyenneguitarsociety.com/ Find newsletters, announcements of upcoming events, and info on its creation in 1996.

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

Carol Sowards

Oct 8, 2022, 7:23:05 PM10/8/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edith,
  Wow you are making such a huge change!  However it sounds like Saratoga will be an easier and attractive
place to be.  Especially with the friends you know there, etc.
   I was so surprised at how self-sufficiently you were living out there on the land & admired all you accomplished.  And I'm glad I had a chance to visit there and spend a day or two.
  Anyway hopefully there'll be a chance to see you again before too long, although Gabriel finished up the collaborative
piano Master's and has now returned to Tucson to, hopefully, finish up his degree in chemical engineering.
  Hope you enjoy the fall in Saratoga!  ❤

Susie

Oct 9, 2022, 10:33:49 AM10/9/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Dearest Edith: I am so upset to hear about your sadness and great hesitancy in making your move away from friends and dearly loved land.  I have had such sadness during the many times I have moved in the past.  Just remember, when a door closes another door opens.  That new “door” might even offer you even greater joy and happiness.  While we cannot look into the future, we can meet the future with bravery and strength.  I know you have both of these traits.  I hope these characteristics can  see you through  the coming days.  With so much love and guaranteed support from your friend in Livermore, CA, Susie Hurricane

Susie Hurricane
Sent from my iPhone

t12...@wbaccess.net

Oct 12, 2022, 12:07:51 PM10/12/22