It's May, It's May, the Lovely Month of May

1 view

Edith Cook

May 1, 2022, 5:07:23 PM5/1/22
to edith-cook, Gary Berchenbriter, Rodger M
Dear Readers and Friends,

Still cold, though, in my neck of the woods.

You are well, I hope. Haven't heard from me in a while-- recovering from shoulder surgery but back on my feet. A friend came to stay with me when I returned from the hospital. Hailey helped me recover, even brought a lovely bouquet of lilies.

Here is news regarding my writing: My story, “Oxygen, ah Oxygen!” appeared in the Spring 2022 issue of  Tint Literary Journal, which publishes ESL writers. The editors asked me to provide a recording of reading the story, which I did. It's next to the printed version.

https://www.tintjournal.com/nonfiction/essay/436-oxygen-ah-oxygen

If you can't use the link, my original write-up is attached as a Word document.

The story covers a medical misdiagnosis during my early Wyoming days: Instead of "Altitude Maladjustment" or some such, I was told I needed heart surgery.

I continue to write for the online Cheyenne Post; in addition, I've started to revamp my website. I'd love you to visit even in its reconstruction stage. www.edithcook.com

 Be well and stay in touch!

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

Oxygen.docx

S. T. Kotowicz

May 3, 2022, 1:14:07 AM5/3/22
to edith-cook, Rodger M
Thank you. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend! Always good to hear form you. Stay well! Susan

- "There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved: It is God's finger on man's shoulder." ~Charles Morgan Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. -The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~ Albert Einstein