So enjoyed our zoom book meeting

Hailey Ellingham

Sep 27, 2021, 10:54:02 PM9/27/21
to edith...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention I read your recent article about the drone killings!!
Chilling!
I do take NYTimes but missed that story.

Hailey 🙏💜

On Sep 26, 2021, at 8:34 PM, 'Susie' via Edith S. Cook <edith...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Dear Edith:  I hope you are recovering well from your shoulder surgery.  I also hope that now you will be able to use your arm again without a lot of pain.  Love, Susie

Susie Hurricane
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2021, at 7:13 PM, Edith Cook <e104...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Friends and Readers:

A few days ago I had shoulder surgery and now I'm in recovery. So far it's going as anticipated.

I have mentioned that some of my essays are published online in thecheyennepost.com The latest is on the brutal and unjust drone warfare waged by the Pentagon, in which countless innocent bystanders lose their lives and become "collateral damage." If interested in reading the piece, please use this link:

https://www.thecheyennepost.com/opinion/drone-policy-bombs/article_e4fcc898-1b27-11ec-8126-93557fff2a84.html

On another matter, my discussion group will convene again tomorrow at 6:30. Participation is informal; many people drop in only occasionally. I'd love it if you would, too.

Here is the Zoom link

https://zoom.us/j/94217395281?pwd=OGw0cDJtdlg4RjNhblRpVTlwMFdGQT09

Janet Black will speak on The Secret Lives of Groceries: The Dark Miracle of the American Supermarket. If you liked Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation, you'll love this discussion.

For the second half of the meeting, Dave Lerner will present on his father's memoir Flight and Return, which tells of Lerner Sr's escape (with his family) from Nazi-occupied Austria and arrival in the United States, his service in the U.S.Army as a military intelligence operative, and his return to Europe as Nazi hunter.

All the best,

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com