Holiday Greetings from Your Writer

Edith Cook

Dec 22, 2021, 5:44:31 PM12/22/21
to edith-cook
Dear Readers,

A peaceful and relaxed holiday season to you, and the best of health in 2022 and beyond. I'm hoping you'll let me know what's happening in your life. Has fate been kind to you, or are you coping with trauma and loss?

I treated myself to an early holiday present soon after Thanksgiving, which I spent with my youngest son and family in California. Once back in Wyoming, I visited my friend Hailey Ellingham in Saratoga, where she moved after retiring from teaching. I stayed overnight in her B&B "Happy Heart" (307-630-5570). Early the next morning we ventured to the mineral springs for which the town is famous. It was lovely! I've attached a couple of pictures, one of Hailey, one of myself at her home.

I just learned that a personal essay of mine, "Oxygen, ah, Oxygen!" is slated to appear in the Spring 2022 online issue of Tint Journal, a literary journal that features writers for whom English is the second (or non-native) languageI've been asked to record the submission for the publication also, so that readers might get acquainted with my particular enunciation of American English. Further, “Chaos and Consolation,” also based on personal experience, is slated to appear in January or February 2022 in the inaugural issue of Syncopation Literary Journal. So these are my Christmas presents. I'll send you "Chaos and Consolation" once it's been edited. Its theme is that music can console during times of chaos. My growing-up years were marred by turmoil, but I held on to a few wisps of music.

Signing off in hopes that you are well,

Edith Cook

www.edithcook.com

Hailey.jpg
AtHailey.jpg

Natalie Vernon

Dec 22, 2021, 10:04:01 PM12/22/21
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Dear Edith,
Thank you so much for your Christmas note. Extremely special and well-deserved xmas presents. I hope you are enjoying your accomplishments.
I have been enjoying hearing about your wonderful Monday night sessions this year from Hailey, and am anxious to join in in 2022.
Those are wonderful pictures..you look beautiful and elegant as ever, and Hailey looks about 12!!
Wishing you thoroughly joyful and enjoyable holidays.
Safe travels, take good care
Best,
Natalie

Hailey Ellingham

Jan 5, 2022, 4:26:28 PM1/5/22
to edith...@googlegroups.com
Dear Edith,
     Congratulations on your publications! A wonderful Xmas gift and well earned! I do so enjoy reading your perspective on the current news events happening around our Wyoming state and country. And I am looking forward to reading your latest work.
   Come back soon to Happy Heart 💜 and the Saratoga Hot Springs.
Sincerely,  Hailey Ellingham