Membership Survey and AGM

rob

Feb 26, 2020, 5:58:01 PM2/26/20
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi Everyone,

Please look at (and indeed fill out !) the short Membership Survey which you can find on the website here: https://edinburghgoclub.wordpress.com/membership-survey-and-agm/

We are going to discuss the results and feedback at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will at the Games Hub on Thursday 26th March at 8:00 pm.

If there is anything else that you'd like on the agenda at the AGM  or if you'd like to volunteer for one of the club positions then please get in touch.

Look forward to seeing you there.

rob.

Edinburgh Go Club Annual General Meeting - Thursday 26th March 2020 , 8:00 pm at the Games Hub

AGENDA:
* Accounts - Balance of Bank Account
* Election / Re-election of Secretary/Treasurer/Chair
* Discuss Membership Survey
* Any Other Business ?

rob

Mar 16, 2020, 6:52:09 PM3/16/20
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi Everyone,

Short e-mail to postpone the AGM to a later date due to Covid-19.

Please do fill out the Membership survey if you haven't already as will still collate feedback.

There appears to be a voluntary ban on clubs at the moment, but I expect it will be widely respected. (I assume there will be more details over coming days).

Keep well, and  please do feel free to use the google group as a forum for further discussion on the topic.

Best Regards, rob.

peterlennon

Mar 18, 2020, 4:04:54 AM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Rob

I had already had to decide to stay at home as much as possible so would not have been at the club for a while.

Hope to see you all safe and sound on the other side of this thing.

Peter

Stephen Tweedie

Mar 18, 2020, 6:28:25 AM3/18/20
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi,

On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 08:04:54 UTC, peter.lennon.pelican wrote:
I had already had to decide to stay at home as much as possible so would not have been at the club for a while.

Is there any interest in trying to get the club together at the usual time online?

It would be easy to set up a private group on one of the Go servers (online-go.com would be easiest for all as it requires no software beyond a web browser.)  If we wanted to add, say, a discord room, that would give us an easy way to "meet" virtually on a Thursday evening.

If there's any interest, it would take only a few moments to get it set up, and I can announce links to join here on the group.

--Stephen

Charles Gunn-Russell

Mar 18, 2020, 6:48:23 AM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I would be interested in that.

Charles

Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:28 AM
From: "'Stephen Tweedie' via Edinburgh Go Club" <edinburg...@googlegroups.com>
To: "Edinburgh Go Club" <edinburg...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [edinburgh-go-club] AGM Postponed / Membership Survey / Covid-19

Grzegorz Kudla

Mar 18, 2020, 7:23:36 AM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in that too.

Earlier this week I set up a room on OGS for the school Go club, it was easy and the kids managed to sign up without problem.

The only thing to remember is, when you set up a game you have to change the mode to "live" - default is "correspondence".

best,
Greg

Baron Hasslinger

Mar 18, 2020, 7:36:27 AM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

I’m happy I didn’t unsubscribe from this list.

I’d be happy to join, if I’m allowed to.

Best wishes from Sweden.

//Baron

Stephen Tweedie

Mar 18, 2020, 10:10:47 AM3/18/20
to Edinburgh Go Club

On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 11:36:27 UTC, baron.hasslinger wrote:
I’m happy I didn’t unsubscribe from this list.

I’d be happy to join, if I’m allowed to.

Best wishes from Sweden.

Good point!  My own inclination is just to leave the group open to the public; it would be great to include visitors or former Edinburgh players etc.

Any objections?

Valerio Marconi

Mar 18, 2020, 1:12:12 PM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've been absent for long time 'cause going to the club on Thursdays became difficult for me, but I'll be happy to play online.

Valerio

rob

Mar 18, 2020, 3:59:07 PM3/18/20
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi Stephen,

Sounds like a plan ! I'll also stick a post on the club website once it is setup.

Shall we define what normal time is ? (from 6:30 GMT tomorrow evening I guess, though I may be a bit later...)

Best Regards,

rob.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:28 AM 'Stephen Tweedie' via Edinburgh Go Club <edinburgh-go-club@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 08:04:54 UTC, peter.lennon.pelican wrote:
I had already had to decide to stay at home as much as possible so would not have been at the club for a while.

Is there any interest in trying to get the club together at the usual time online?

It would be easy to set up a private group on one of the Go servers (online-go.com would be easiest for all as it requires no software beyond a web browser.)  If we wanted to add, say, a discord room, that would give us an easy way to "meet" virtually on a Thursday evening.

If there's any interest, it would take only a few moments to get it set up, and I can announce links to join here on the group.

--Stephen

Stephen Tweedie

Mar 18, 2020, 4:52:10 PM3/18/20
to Edinburgh Go Club
Hi Rob.

On Wednesday, 18 March 2020 19:59:07 UTC, rob wrote:
Sounds like a plan ! I'll also stick a post on the club website once it is setup.

I've added our web site and an introductory "virtual club meetings" post to the group, and can add others from the club as Admins too if that's useful.

Rob, let me know if it looks OK to you, and we can do a separate post here to announce that the club can meet virtually tomorrow!

(I've got a one-off family commitment in the evening and I'm not sure if I'll be around, or for how long, but I'll try to turn up if I can.)

Best wishes,
 Stephen

Rob Payne

Mar 18, 2020, 6:27:21 PM3/18/20
to edinburg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen, thanks for this,  looks good. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, rob