Polish-Japanese dictionary

Chris Vasselli

Dec 13, 2022, 8:44:47 PM12/13/22
to 'Paul Blay' via EDICT-JMdict
Hi all,

A Polish friend of mine just told me about a Polish-Japanese dictionary project called Japonski Pomocnik. I’m not sure if you’re already aware of it, but just in case I thought I’d mention it. It looks like it has many thousands of entries, and according to the notice at the bottom of the PDF version it is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.

I wonder if they would be interested in integrating their data into JMdict?

Chris

Jim Breen

Dec 15, 2022, 5:55:05 AM12/15/22
to edict-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing this out, Chris. It looks interesting. From what I
can see from dipping into the PDF it's probably largely translated
from JMdict. It has acknowledgments to JMdict, etc., using
long-out-of-date URLs.

I'll try contacting Fryderyk about possibly getting a text version to
go into JMdict.

Jim
> --

Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University
http://www.jimbreen.org/
http://nihongo.monash.edu/