Re: Edge installation on Ubuntu - error when trying to set up an admin user

Lo, Chien-Chi

Mar 3, 2016, 6:57:20 PM3/3/16
to Jing Wang, edge-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for using EDGE. This is a bug. We have fixed it and push to the
github site. (#0b835f1) Please pull the update.

New feature: user can configure to turn on/off email notification feature
at userManagement sys.properties file.

Please delete the userManagement database by following commands.

$ cd $EDGE_HOME/userManagement

$ mysql -p -u root

$ mysql> drop DATABASE userManagement;

And start fresh from the installation guide section 3.1.2.

Regards,
Chienchi

On 3/3/16, 2:28 PM, "Jing Wang" <Jing...@esr.cri.nz> wrote:

>Hallo Dr. Lo,
>

>We are trying to configure Edge on our Linux (Ubuntu) box following the
>instructions https://edge.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html.
>We ran to a problem when we tried to set up admin user:
>
>* run script createAdminAccount.pl to add admin account with encrypted
>password to database
>
>error_msg":"Fatal Exception: Unknown column 'spassword' in 'field list'"
>
>Can you please point us a direction to solve this problem?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Jing

Леонид Солнцев

Oct 31, 2018, 10:37:16 PM10/31/18
to edge-users
I'm using last dev branch of EDGE and has the same error
It seems, that in userManagemetn schema is obligate field spassword (NOT NULL) and it is doesn't filled by pl script.

Леонид Солнцев

Oct 31, 2018, 11:31:43 PM10/31/18
to edge-users
I've ovrecomed it by removing NOT NULL constrain and then copying value of password field into spassword in MySQL