Edge on Ubuntu 18.04: UserManagement: Manage Projects: ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list

gmoore777

Nov 13, 2018, 8:00:20 PM11/13/18
to edge-users
On Ubuntu 18.04, Edge 2018-10-30:
After logging into Edge's UserManagement and clicking either "All Projects" or "Manage Products", which are these URLs
http://<IP Address>/userManagement/userProjects.jsp
http://<IP Address>/userManagement/adminProjects.jsp

I get on the web page, this error:

Fatal Exception: Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'userManagement.p.updated'
which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT

(I cannot find this particular SQL in any of the Edge installation files. Is it in the userManagementWS.war file?)

Lo, Chien-Chi

Nov 14, 2018, 10:51:16 AM11/14/18
to gmoore777, edge-users

Hi,

For MySQL 5.7 (Ubuntu 18.04), please append following content to /etc/mysql/my.cnf

[mysqld]

show_compatibility_56 = on

sql-mode=""

Thanks,

Chienchi

Greenleaf

Nov 16, 2018, 2:18:48 PM11/16/18
to Lo, Chien-Chi, edge-users

Chienchi

Thank you, that solved the problem.

Guy

Note to self:

I actually added those 2 lines, under the [mysqld] section of the file:

 /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

the file /etc/mysql/my.cnf links back to /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Oct  8 22:52 /etc/mysql/my.cnf -> /etc/alternatives/my.cnf

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Oct  8 22:55 /etc/alternatives/my.cnf -> /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf

Then restarted mysql via:

sudo service mysql restart