EDGE Import fail - internal inconsistency

veb...@plantgene.eu

Dec 2, 2016, 9:57:11 AM12/2/16
to edge-users
Dear all,
I’m trying to import the image (checksum is ok) and no matter how many
times I click import/retry as you suggested I got error (image attached).
I’m VirtualBox on CentOS.

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 2.04.55 PM.png

Lo, Chien-Chi

Dec 6, 2016, 7:06:36 PM12/6/16
to veb...@plantgene.eu, edge-users
Hi,

Thanks for using the EDGE image. The image is built by VMware Fusion v8.0. The pre-built EDGE VM is provided in Open Virtualization Format (OVA/OVF)which is supported by major virtualization players, such as VMware / VirtualBox / Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization...etc. Unfortunately, this may not always work perfectly, as each VM technology seems to use slightly different OVA/OVF implementations that aren’t entirely compatible. For example, the auto-deploy feature and the path of auto-mount shared foldersbetween host and guest which are used in the EDGE VMware image may not compatible with other VM technologies (or need advanced tweaks). Therefore, we highly recommended using VMware Workstation Player which is free for non-commercial, personal and home use.

I have tried importing the image the VirtualBox v5.1.10, the EDGE ova file need to decompress into four files and delete the EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1.mf, then use EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1.ovf for VirtualBox. After successfully importing, it seems I cannot use the ip to access guest apache server (VMware auto-deploy feature) and shared folders are disabled. I think there needs more tweaks.

tar xvf   EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1.ova
x EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1.ovf
x EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1.mf
x EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1-file1.iso
x EDGE_vm_1.5_RC1-disk1.vmdk

Thanks,
Chienchi

<Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 2.04.55 PM.png>