Messages to @ett.healthit.gov all being rejected

Patrick Lounsbury

May 15, 2024, 12:49:04 PMMay 15
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
Hello,

We are running tests for our reaccreditation and every message we send to @ett.healthit.gov is being rejected. We made sure all the certs are on our Direct instance and our Direct address is registered on Direct | ETT (healthit.gov) but to no avail.

Additionally, for control 6.9.4_b, we were successful in sending messages to all domains except for d...@domain1.dcdt31.healthit.gov, where we keep getting rejected messages.

Please advise.

Kim Poletti

May 15, 2024, 3:20:01 PMMay 15
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
Hi - Thanks for reaching out. This has been logged for review and a member of the team will reach out in the near future.

Andrew Cookson

May 15, 2024, 3:29:06 PMMay 15
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
We are seeing similar issues as well with the tes...@ett.healthit.gov. The issue appears to be related to the certificate look up which is currently failing.

Sai Valluripalli

May 16, 2024, 8:50:41 AMMay 16
to Andrew Cookson, Edge Test Tool (ETT)
We see no issues looking up certs on the DNS.

image.png

Can you please give us more details as to which test case are you trying to run?

Thanks

Sai Valluripalli

May 16, 2024, 8:51:20 AMMay 16
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
We see no issues looking up certs on the DNS.

Can you please give us more details as to which test case are you trying to run?

Thanks

Andrew Cookson

May 16, 2024, 10:22:55 AMMay 16
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
It appears the CERT request response differs by the resolver used. When using a DIG tool we are able to retrieve the CERT using the AT&T and CloudFlare DNS resolvers but do not receive the CERT response when using the Google and Comodo DNS resolvers.

Patrick Lounsbury

May 16, 2024, 10:48:33 AMMay 16
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
We just switched to the Cloudflare DNS as well and it ended up working for us. Good call, Andrew!

Andrew Cookson

May 16, 2024, 4:33:41 PMMay 16
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
After some more testing we also noticed the MX records are not returned when using Google or Comodo either. Records are returned as expected when using Cloudflare and AT&T.

Please have your team look into this. We cannot easily update the resolver used on our end and would expect that your DNS records are available when using the Google DNS service.

Andrew Cookson

May 17, 2024, 2:08:51 PMMay 17
to Edge Test Tool (ETT)
Support,