EdcampPDX Saturday, November 17

Luann Lee

Nov 11, 2012, 6:58:12 PM11/11/12
to edca...@googlegroups.com
Previous EdCampPDX Participants and New Friends,

We hope you're planning to join us for the 5th EdCampPDX, the no-cost, unconference-style, collaborative, educator-driven, professional development day.

Saturday, November 17, 2012
9:00 to 4:00
at Meriwether Lewis Elementary School
4401 Southeast Evergreen
Portland, Oregon

Examples of sessions planned include some technology:
  • Using the iPad as a content creation tool and workflow solutions
  • Using Google Hangouts for PD

Some not-technology:
  • Facilitating change in your space
  • Curing Motivational Deficiencies:We can stop the epidemic of control in schools that demotivates teachers and students
  • Things that Suck

Some discussion about great teaching:
  • The Challenge: What are 10 methodologies and values all classrooms should exhibit?  A conversation to help shift our organizational mindsets on teaching and learning.
  • Problem/Project Based Learning (rumor has it that Susie Boss might just stop in!)
  • Leave your tech at the door

And finally,
  • The Saturday Puzzle

Invite your friends, colleagues, and administrators!  Sign up: http://edcamppdx.wikispaces.com.  While you're there, please add your session ideas - sign up to do so on the session page.

Invite your friends, colleagues, and administrators!  Hope to see you there!