edcampPDX - Thursday, August 2nd at OES

Colette Cassinelli

Jul 10, 2012, 1:28:31 AM7/10/12
to edca...@googlegroups.com
Calling all teachers, instructional technologists, IT Directors, Principals, Admins and Teacher Librarians who live in the NW.

Join us at Oregon Episcopal School on Thursday, August 2nd from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. for our fourth edcampPDX.

What are the goals of edcampPDX?
  • Networking: Connect educators in the Portland / Oregon area
  • Instructional Practices: Learn new curriculum ideas, best practices, and/or tech integration ideas from other educators
  • Personalized: You customize your own PD by suggesting, facilitating and attending sessions about topics that interest you!
What is edcampPDX?  An edcamp is a unconference-style day of professional development organized and given by the local participants. Those who are interested pitch an idea for a conversation or hands-on session.  The day of the edcamp we organize the ideas into sessions and everyone chooses which session to attend.  There is always something for everyone -- and if not -- sign up to lead a discussion that interests you!  This is the best type of PD because its about what you want and shared with other passionate, innovative educators.

Bring a friend - or better yet - bring your IT director, Principal or Teacher Librarian.  You can bring a laptop or tablet - wifi is available, as well as laptops to use at OES.

Sign up to attend here:  http://edcamppdx.wikispaces.com/PARTICIPANTS  Twitter updates: #edcampPDX

What does it cost?  The day is FREE!!!  Optional lunch cost: $5; register online & payable at the event.

Join the Google Group to network and keep up with news and notes from EdCampPDX:http://groups.google.com/group/edcamppdx

Where is edcampPDX being held?
Oregon Episcopal School
6300 SW Nicol Road
Portland, Oregon 97223
http://www.oes.edu/
OES campus map

Who are the organizers?
  • Colette Cassinelli, Teacher Librarian & MultiMedia, La Salle Catholic College Preparatory http://www.edtechvision.org__ @ccassinelli
  • Rachel Wente-Chaney - CIO - Central Oregon Technology (High Desert, Sisters, Crook County, and Redmond districts)
  • Peter Pappas - PDX ed guy Blogging at __Copy / Paste__
  • Mike Gwaltney, Teacher, Oregon Episcopal School, Online School for Girls @MikeGwaltney mikegwaltney.net/blog__
  • Melissa Lim, Instructional Technology, Portland Public Schools
  • Luann Lee, science teacher, Newberg High School
  • Corin Richards, instructional technologist, Willamette ESD

For more information contact Colette Cassinelli  colette.cassinelli (at) gmail.com  503-380-7254 (m)

Rurik Nackerud

Jul 21, 2012, 9:18:42 PM7/21/12
to edca...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to EdCamp! I was really excited several weeks ago when I thought I would be there for the entire day. Luckily/Sadly? I found an interesting teaching position for the summer and won't be there until after 12pm.