CLP Summer Institute - Bend, June 23-26

Pappas, Peter

May 9, 2015, 1:25:35 PM5/9/15
to Pappas, Peter
FYI - Looks like a great session. Pass it along

Peter Pappas
School of Education ~ University of Portland

Begin forwarded message:

From: Barbara Rost <br...@classroomlaw.org>
Subject: NEW STUFF at CLP Summer Institute - Bend, June 23-26
Date: May 8, 2015 at 10:48:44 AM PDT
To: "Pappas, Peter" <pap...@up.edu>

Hi, Peter,
Would you please do a favor for us? Would you please circulate information about CLP's Summer Institute for Educators in your teacher network? This institute is new, it is different, and it is going to be great.

We are calling it The Political Classroom: from Yikes to YES!  It features author, teacher, researcher Dr. Paula McAvoy and she offers the perfect prelude to the elections season. She co-authored (with Diana Hess) The Political Classroom: Evidence and Ethics in Democratic Education and literally wrote the book on what happens when controversial issues are discussed in the classroom - the ethics, strategies, and results. While the institute will offer a lot of new material the goal is the same: content plus strategies and conversation equals time-well-spent.

The summer institute is in Bend, June 23-26. A flyer and FAQs are attached and here is the link: http://www.classroomlaw.org/programs/summer-institute/.

Take care & thanks,   --Barbara

--
Barbara Rost
Program Director

Classroom Law Project is a non-profit organization of individuals, educators, lawyers, and civic leaders building strong communities by teaching students to become active citizens. We rely on grants and donations to fund our programs. Please consider making a donation today. Thank you!

FLYER 2015 revised.docx
SI FAQs.doc