The class ends, the adventures continue!

Maria Droujkova

Aug 26, 2010, 8:09:56 AM8/26/10
to ed5...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

What a wild ride this has been! To quote Dan Meyer's presentation yesterday - a whitewater raft trip! Thank you very much for your contributions.

The rest of the week has the following live events:

Math ed events:

General ed events:
I forgot to answer a question yesterday - if my daughter likes math. She likes math, but in other contexts - logic and philosophy, programming, art, and so on, though she enjoys a good pure math problem occasionally. Math as its own context, in Lockhart's words, is not central in her life. We have to acknowledge this is probably true for the majority of people, and design their math experiences accordingly.

Pending this week's assignments (and in one student's case, due to life events, last week's assignments - we are working on it), everybody has the grade of A for the course. I greatly appreciate the work you put into these seven weeks. I will definitely be using the resources you created! If you ever need a recommendation letter, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please feel free to contact me in the future if you have questions about math, technology or social networks, with news about interesting math ed things you do, or if you want to collaborate. I will be following your blogs, and this group, as well as our wiki, will stay up. Good luck in your travels!

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.

Amy H

Aug 26, 2010, 10:11:53 PM8/26/10
to ed5...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for everything Maria. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun! I hope we all stay in touch =)

Gail Rice

Aug 27, 2010, 9:28:38 PM8/27/10
to ed5...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making this course interesting, informative and meaningful. This course has helped to shape some of the activities I will be using as I continue to support elementary math teachers.

Gail