"5 goals" in lessons: editing and reflection

Maria Droujkova

Jul 30, 2010, 9:08:11 AM7/30/10
to ed5...@googlegroups.com
At the Q&A meeting today, Grace, Kate and I were discussing student unit development tasks of the next several weeks. Kate brought up the point that she first wrote her units, then went back and checked the "5 goals" alignments - and they were already there! Because she is traveling, you can see her work for Week 4, and an example of this: http://ktgee24.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/symmetry-lesson/

The intent here is to reflect on lessons several times, editing it as needed. Looking at the 5 goals is one tool of reflection, working with partners another, and so on. The best thing to do would be to teach your units to someone and then reflect, and I am trying to figure out how to organize that for the next version of this course - probably offer some online teaching opportunities. Meanwhile, we will reflect with the help of one another.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.