Welcome to Week 3

Maria Droujkova

Jul 26, 2010, 8:08:47 AM7/26/10
to ed5...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You have been working very hard in Week 2, and it's been a successful week with much accomplished. I will compile a problem-solving paper out of your contributions this week, which we can then put somewhere nice online.

I am very happy with the overall level of effort and the resulting quality of work in this class. I see math teachers as leaders of their local communities and the global educational community. Design and evaluation content tasks you have been doing, as well as technology tools, can help you to assume and maintain the lead.

I have added live event links this week. There may be a couple more announced at the last minute, in which case I will send them to this list. You will notice there are very few events Friday-Sunday - it's a general pattern. Please plan your time accordingly.

Live events require different software and sets of skills to attend. Several people mentioned they were unable to attend their events of choice. Please make sure your browser allows pop-up windows and scripts before trying to log in. Also, ask for help during Monday or Friday "office hours" in Wimba, or call or email me.

I am at the GeoGebra conference in Ithaca most of the week, so there may be times when I am not available. I will still check the email and have my phone on much of the time, though.

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.