Transforms | Spoon demo | Not working in IE & Chrome

Boston Matt

Jan 5, 2011, 5:53:38 PM1/5/11
to eCSStender Mailing List
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for all your work! eCSStender has a lot of potential.
Anyway, the spoon demo (http://ecsstender.org/demos/spoon/) isn't
working on any IE (6, 7, 8 & 9), nor the latest Chrome (8.0.552.224).

The Chrome's web inspector console shows the following error:
eCSStender.js:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of
undefined
bv
aa
aS
ba
(anonymous function)

(Still works in FF 3.6.13 & Safari 5.0.3)

Aaron Gustafson

Jan 15, 2011, 5:46:18 PM1/15/11
to ecsst...@googlegroups.com

On 5 Jan 2011, at 5:53 PM, Boston Matt wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thank you for all your work! eCSStender has a lot of potential.

Thanks!

> Anyway, the spoon demo (http://ecsstender.org/demos/spoon/) isn't
> working on any IE (6, 7, 8 & 9), nor the latest Chrome (8.0.552.224).

The spoon demo won't work in IE yet (the extensions need porting).

> The Chrome's web inspector console shows the following error:
> eCSStender.js:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of
> undefined
> bv
> aa
> aS
> ba
> (anonymous function)

Thank you for posting the Chrome bug, I'll take a look at the Chrome issue and see if I can replicate it. In future, if you see an error, please note the line number in the *uncompressed* version of eCSStender so I don't have to hunt for the line ;-)

Aaron Gustafson

Jan 16, 2011, 9:22:54 AM1/16/11
to ecsst...@googlegroups.com

On 5 Jan 2011, at 5:53 PM, Boston Matt wrote:

I'm wondering if it was a version bug in Chrome. I am on Mac version 8.0.552.237 and am not seeing an error. I also tried the same version on Windows XP with no errors.

Based on my experience working on the WikiHow Survival Kit (a Chrome/web app) [1] and working with the beta releases, etc. of Chrome to build it, I can say that bugs frequently sneak in.

[1] http://apps.wikihow.com/survivalkit/