update + please complete our instructor survey!

James Proctor

Oct 21, 2022, 4:38:32 PM10/21/22
to ecot...@googlegroups.com
Dear EcoTypes colleagues, hello! Here's an important update, and a request to complete this quick instructor survey:

The survey asks for your potential use of EcoTypes in early 2023, and requests feedback on some important proposed changes, most summarized on this page, which you should read first.

Please, if you can, complete the instructor survey by no later than the end of October; thank you!

The good news is that we have received over 2000 EcoTypes survey responses so far in 2022; see here for an analysis, with visualizations ranging from pie charts to a dynamic, interactive 3D plot. As you'll read, this analysis follows a methodology we propose to launch in 2023; we'd love your input on the survey to confirm that we are headed in the right direction. You may find the analysis page to be a useful one to share with your students as well.

If you are interested in viewing results so far from this academic year, for all respondents and by institution on our dropdown list, see:

This sheet is public (but anonymous/summary), so feel free to share with your students.

We have done other things this fall, many involving a pilot test of the new EcoTypes resources summarized on the Instructor FAQ (see  "What are the ways that instructors typically use EcoTypes?"), including the followup reflection form, EcoTypes COIL activities, and cross-institutional EcoTypes COIL forum. If you are interested in any of the above, please indicate on the survey and I'll be happy to share with you our experiences this fall and possibilities you may wish to consider.

You'll also see on the survey a request for input on one additional item ("Climate Priorities") we may add to the survey, and for your thoughts on how you might benefit from an upcoming EcoTypes book, to be released in 2024.

Thank you for your support of EcoTypes, be in touch if questions, and do complete that survey!

Regards,

Jim P.