cross-national collaboration update, plus overall results

1 view

James Proctor

Oct 6, 2021, 5:46:20 PM10/6/21
to ecot...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues, as you know we launched a new, brief EcoTypes survey and website in late July. This email briefly shares two charts of EcoTypes, which I and collaborators, as well as Lewis & Clark College students, are currently analyzing...more soon:
  • One chart is of all completions (N = 946) of new EcoTypes survey so far, in comparison to reference dataset from 2019-21. You'll see quite good agreement btw the two, which is surprising to me given the increasingly international scope of participation.
  • The other is of our current cross-national collaboration btw students at Lewis & Clark, ESSCA (France), and BITS Pilani (India). You'll see a big difference btw our LC students and those from ESSCA/BITS; one of the most fascinating is the preponderance of Small is Beautiful, which I believe from preliminary analysis may actually be two subtypes...thus there may be six EcoTypes here, six approaches to Place, Knowledge, and Action.
When my collaborators and students come up with some sense of these (and qualitative) data, we'll make sure to share with you.

And just as a reminder, there's an Instructor FAQ!

Cheers,

Jim P.
EcoTypesComparison-ESSCAvsLCvsBITS-211006.png
EcoTypesComparison-CurrentvsReferenceSurvey-211006.png