Trekking and teaching in Laos

Robert L. Flagler

Jun 14, 2011, 10:54:22 PM6/14/11
to ecotour...@googlegroups.com
Dear People:
I am really hoping someone out there will help me with information and advice.

I am a 63 year old retired professor. I am in excellent health and
have recently returned from trekking in Nepal with my wife. We had no
guide or porter.
I am very interested in knowing more about trekking in Laos.
May I go independently or are guides required?
Are guides recommended?
Is it possible to go from village to village and have minimal
accomadations each night?

Now the big one.
My dream job would be a short term job in Laos teaching English and
Communication Skills to future guides. I know this stuff and I know
how to be a good guide.

So, what are your thoughts? Is the trekking a possibility? The teaching?
Are there other English teaching jobs out of Vientienne?

I know its a lot but, thanks.

Bob
rfla...@d.umn.edu

This message was sent using the University of Minnesota Duluth Webmail