Export As .csv (enter-key cause garbled data cell-location)

Glyn Price

Sep 13, 2014, 2:36:35 PM9/13/14
to econsens...@googlegroups.com

Export As .csv (enter-key cause garbled data cell-location)

If data entry is multi-line using the Enter-key then each line
is stored in a separate cell (.csv to Excel via wizard), but the
data is not lost. The first line is in the correct cell, but the
subsequent lines are at the start of the next row.

If a new line occurs because the user has reached the right-edge
of the box then there is no problem.

This occurs for:
Discussion, Proposals, Decision
Questions, Comment etc

Glyn Price
(Trainee volunteer) (my Aptivate contact is Martin Burchell)

Martin Burchell

Sep 15, 2014, 6:39:33 AM9/15/14
On Saturday, 13 September 2014 19:36:35 UTC+1, Glyn Price wrote:

If data entry is multi-line using the Enter-key then each line
is stored in a separate cell (.csv to Excel via wizard), but the
data is not lost. The first line is in the correct cell, but the
subsequent lines are at the start of the next row.

If a new line occurs because the user has reached the right-edge
of the box then there is no problem.

Thanks for reporting this Glyn. I've added it to the Kanban for prioritisation.

Martin