[Econ Grapher] Brits Get Rich in China

Econ Grapher

May 30, 2011, 1:54:18 PM5/30/11
to econg...@googlegroups.com
While I was whittling my precious weekend hours away I stumbled on to a finance documentaries website and found a very interesting documentary on China. The film is called "Brits Get Rich in China" and follows three entrepreneurs as they go to China to make their fortunes. As any one familiar with China can imagine, anything like this makes for very interesting viewing!

I wont give too much away, but I would highly recommend it to anyone who's thinking about doing business in China, or with Chinese businesses - and that includes investing. Sure, it is only anecdotal evidence, but it just shows that when you go to do business (or invest) in a place like China it pays to know what you're doing, or at least to know someone who knows what they're doing.

Business is tough in China, Chinese are tough, they play a hard business game. If you go in expecting to do business like you would in likes of the US or UK, to some degree you're right, but a lot of aspects are accentuated so you need to sharpen up your act. You need to carry a healthy mistrust, you need to know at least some of the language and customs (more language skills are better) or have a very trustworthy partner who does.

But though business and investing in China can be fraught with risk and challenge, it doesn't mean it's not worth going. As you'll see the people in the documentary the rewards can certainly make it all worth it (and then some). But then that's what investing and business is all about isn't it? Taking risk and doing the hard yards to achieve your dreams.

Watch the documentary here: http://www.financedocumentaries.com/2011/05/brits-get-rich-in-china.html

--
Posted By Econ Grapher to Econ Grapher at 5/30/2011 10:52:00 AM