Accepting nominations for AMS Study Group Chair

Jacob A. Cohen

Sep 24, 2020, 9:38:54 PM9/24/20
to Ecomusicology List
Hello all,

In accordance with the by-laws of the AMS Ecocriticism Study Group (ESG) we are now accepting nominations for the position of Study Group Chair. Self-nominations are encouraged.

Description: "The Chair shall act as the executive officer of the ESG, presiding over all meetings of the members and having general management of the affairs of the ESG, including the power to enforce all orders and resolutions passed by the members. Other duties may from time to time be delegated to the Chair by standing or ad hoc committees, and the Chair may from time to time delegate responsibilities to standing or ad hoc committees."

The only requirement is that you are a member in good standing of the AMS. Co-chairs are welcomed (and given how stretched we all are, encouraged!). Scholars from any stage of their career are also free to run.

I would be more than happy to tell you more about the commitment, workload, and anything else regarding this position.

Please send nominations and self-nominations to me (jacoba...@gmail.com) and the Secretary-Treasurer, Aaron Allen (aaron....@gmail.com).

Thanks!
-Jake Cohen

NB: Moving forward, we are establishing a system for AMS-specific communication on an off-list avenue but for now this is the only way to reach our membership. My apologies to non-AMS members!

Jacob A. Cohen

Oct 23, 2020, 12:30:23 PM10/23/20
to Ecomusicology List
Re-posting this as we are hoping to solicit nominations for a chair or co-chairs. The only requirement is that you are an AMS member in good standing: