Renaming the AMS Ecocriticism Study Group

Tyler Kinnear

Jun 3, 2021, 11:02:09 AM6/3/21
to Ecomusicology List
Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the AMS ESG Renaming Committee*, I invite you to cast your vote for renaming the Ecocriticism Study Group of the American Musicological Society. It's important that the committee hears the voices of the broader ecomusicology community as we seek a name that more accurately reflects the increasingly diverse interests and pursuits of those working in the field. Starting in the mid 2000s, the ESG acknowledged literary ecocriticism as a wellspring for a then emerging field. Now, the study of musical texts through an ecocritical lens is one of many areas of work in ecomusicology.

What name do you think most accurately reflects the study group today? Thanks in advance for casting your vote.

All the best,
Tyler

*ESG Renaming Committee
Aaron Allen