Ecomusicologies at SEM

Rebekah Moore

Oct 27, 2021, 7:15:34 PM10/27/21
to Ecomusicology List
Good evening all,

I am looking forward to seeing many of you at this year's meeting of the Society for Ethnomusicology. As co-chair of the Ecomusicology Special Interest Group, I am pleased to invite those in attendance to kick off the conference tomorrow bright and early at 8am, with a very special panel, co-sponsored, by the Ecomusicologies SiG, Indigenous Music SiG, and Crossroads Section for Difference and Representation. Panel details are below:

Thursday 10/28, 8-10am

Session 1L: Roundtable Rethinking Climate Crisis and Climate Justice through Indigenous Musical Refraction

Participants: Maxwell Yamane (he/him), Tory Johnston, Kimberly Marshall, Isaiah Green, Sebastian Hachmeyer

Additionally, I would like to invite SEM attendees to join our annual SiG meeting tomorrow evening, 7-9pm. Our agenda will include office elections (it's time for a new co-chair), information on panel sponsorship and pre-conference for the 2022 meeting, and a general discussion on decolonization efforts within our field(s) of inquiry and opportunities for coordination and collaboration with the Indigenous Music SiG.

Kind regards,
Rebekah E Moore, PhD
she/her/hers

Assistant Professor, Department of Music
Graduate Program Coordinator, Arts Administration and Cultural Entrepreneurship
College of Arts, Media & Design
Northeastern University

r.m...@northeastern.edu