AMS Ecocriticism Study Group March 2021 Newsletter

ams.esg

Mar 19, 2021, 12:15:24 PM3/19/21
to Ecomusicology List

To: AMS ESG Members

We are excited to be incoming co-chairs and to meet with you (hopefully face-to-face) at AMS 2021 in Chicago. As we plan for the annual meeting, there are a few items of business to discuss and ways for you to be involved (forgive the point form, for clarity):

  • If you have not yet registered for the ESG through the AMS website, please do so. From here on we will only be using that platform to contact AMS members with information. Jacob Cohen sent more detailed directions of this transition back in Janurary. (Here are quick steps as a reminder: go to amsmusicology.org - after signing in, click on "My Profile" - click on "Groups" - click on "Study Groups" - click on the "Ecocriticism Study Group" and add yourself).

  • The Renaming Committee (Aaron Allen, Tyler Kinnear, Cana McGhee, and Anne-Marie Houy Shaver) is currently working to present a list of possible name changes for the Ecocriticism Study Group. The subcommittee will make recommendations, which will be shared with the members on the AMS platform soon to vote on.

  • The Program Committee (Sabine Feist, Josh Groffman, Heidi Jensen, Megan Murph, and Joe Pfender) is currently drafting ideas for future ESG programs. For AMS 2021 we are thinking of following a similar format at AMS 2020, whereby content is part of the business meeting (e.g., informal presentations, book discussion, or a roundtable).

  • The By-laws Committee (Aaron Allen, Tyler Kinnear Megan Murph) will be meeting on April 6 at 10 am EST (Zoom) to discuss housekeeping and procedures for the study group. We would love a few more folks to help out - please email back if you’re able to make this meeting and interested in serving on this committee.

  • We are in the initial stages of working with the Ecomusicology Review to plan  Ecomusicologies 2022, a pre-conference to the AMS/SEM/SMT 2022 conference in New Orleans. This would be an exciting opportunity to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the Ecomusicologies 2012, which was held at Tulane University.

If anyone would like to be involved with any of the above committees, please e-mail us at ams...@gmail.com. As always, we welcome any ideas or concerns you may have. Stay healthy and more soon!

Best regards,

Megan Murph and Tyler Kinnear, AMS-ESG co-chairs