ESG panel: Hearing Nature and the Environment During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Sat 11/7 6pm CST

Jacob A. Cohen

Nov 4, 2020, 9:53:40 AM11/4/20
to Ecomusicology List

Please join us this Saturday at 6pm CST (4pm Pacific, 5pm Mountain, 7pm Eastern) for the AMS Ecocriticism Study Group's panel and business meeting. Access the Zoom meeting via the AMS conference Pathable website. The panel is titled:

"Hearing Nature and the Environment During the COVID-19 Pandemic."

This panel will consist of live presentations of 5-10 minutes will be followed by Q&A and open discussion by any participants. The presentations are:

  • "Deep Listening during COVID-19" by Anne-Marie Houy Shaver
  • "Sound Bubbles and Social Bubbles: Protected Spaces and Soundscapes" by Kristen Strandberg
  • "Ringing Out and Zooming In: The Collapse of Productive and Reproductive Labor" by Heidi L. Jensen
  • "Interactive Improvisation in Times of Isolation" by Jim Harley

Following this panel discussion, we will hold our annual business meeting for the Study Group, including elections and plans for the upcoming year.

If you are interested in running for chair of the group, we are still accepting nominations. Self-nominations are encouraged! Please email me (jacoba...@gmail.com) if you have questions about chairing the group or if you would like to nominate/self-nominate.

Because this is part of the AMS meeting, only registered AMS conference attendees will be able to log into the meeting. If you would like to run for chair but cannot/will not attend the virtual meeting, please be in touch as you may still be able to run.

-Jake Cohen

Jacob A. Cohen

Nov 4, 2020, 7:44:08 PM11/4/20
to Ecomusicology List
For anyone attending this panel and our business meeting, here are the minutes from 2019's meeting, which are to be circulated prior to the meeting. We will move to approve these minutes at the start of Saturday's business meeting.

Susana Ibañez

Nov 8, 2020, 8:11:39 PM11/8/20
to Jacob A. Cohen via Ecomusicology List
Dear Jacob,
Hope this message finds you well.
We are following your emails so far. We are trying to update but there is a lot of information.
Concerning live music online we would be interested but the type of music we play is more related to ancient styles with guitar, little guitar, madoline, etc . Do you think it's interesting we join for the next time?
Best regards,
Susana
I am still doubting if we are the right

Missatge de Jacob A. Cohen via Ecomusicology List <ecomusico...@googlegroups.com> del dia dc., 4 de nov. 2020 a les 15:53: