Fair Trade Markets - Volunteers urgently needed - Sat/Sun

Jessie Anne Wells

Nov 29, 2010, 9:47:07 PM11/29/10
to Oxfam UQ, Ms Jyoti Menon

Hello all!

The QFTC's Fair Trade Christmas Markets are on again this coming weekend.

This wonderful market gives everyone the opportunity to shop ethically for this Christmas, and to experience the extraordinary talents of skilled artisans from around the world. But apart from being able to shop ethically, purchase gifts that are eco-friendly, and enjoy lots of live entertainment, it also helps people learn more about fair trade and what it means to shop ethically, and the impact that this has on a global scale.

This market is of vital importance, and we are in need of as many volunteers for this Saturday and Sunday as possible!

if you have got any time this Saturday and Sunday and would like to volunteer for these and other roles, please  contact me urgently!

Jyoti...@uqconnect.edu.au

0401 852 844

And if you know people who would be interested in helping, please pass this message on.

We need people to help with:

·       decorating,

·       wrapping gifts,

·       meeting and greeting

·       selling raffle tickets,

·       attending the QFTC info table,

·       being a  General gopher,

·       cleaning tables etc.

·       car park  (help from 8.30am for maybe an hour)

·       moving tables & chairs outside (Sat & Sun mornings)

·       moving tables & chairs inside (Sat & Sun afternoons)

·       general pack up on Sunday afternoon.

We are still very short on volunteers, and without your help, this wonderful market will not be able to function.

So please email me as soon as you can, or contact me on 0401852844.

Thanks so much guys and looking forward to hearing from you!

 Sincerely,

Jude.

Jyoti Jude Menon

Jyoti...@uqconnect.edu.au