Fwd: ANTEA POVERTEA TEA PARTEA and a Call for Volunteers....

Michael Vincent

Oct 19, 2011, 9:19:23 PM10/19/11
to eco...@googlegroups.com, dan-...@hotmail.com, myster...@hotmail.com

Oxfam GROW Campaign.Oxfam UQ BAKE SALE and AGM. UQ Symposium listening to the quietest voices’Sneaky Business.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Hello, fellow members and friends of Oxfam UQ!

On the  24th of October, 2011, we are holding an 'Antea Povertea Tea Partea' in UQ, from 10am-2pm.
The purpose of this event is to raise funds and awareness of the East Africa Crisis. We will be selling baked goods, fairtrade coffee and tea, lemonade and fruit cups as well as the very cool 'GROW' shirts. The Oxfam Shop will be there, too, dazzling all with beautiful, ethical goods from around the world.
At the 'Tea Partea' stall, we will also be distributing information and material about the Grow campaign. The 'Grow' campaign is one of the most important campaigns Oxfam has ever run.  'Grow' discusses how crises such as the one currently affecting East Africa can be avoided if we change the way the world food system works.
This will be a fun, meaningful event and we hope to see as many of you as possible there at some point.

BUT, for this event to work, we need volunteers!!!! I know this is a very busy time of semester for everyone, but this is do-able. There are two ways you can help.
We need volunteers to help set-up (9.30-10 am), to help at theTea Partea Stall while it's running (10am-2pm) and to pack up at the end of the event. Even if you can help for an hour, it would make a great difference.
We also need help with the baked goods so I'm calling all you brilliant bakers out there! If you would like to help make a difference, please consider baking something for the stall. If you love making cakes, muffins, or any other baked creations, then this is a great chance to share the goodness! We would love to have your help. We can reimburse your expenses for ingredients, so please hang onto your receipts and bring them in with you. Please email me to say what you would like to bring.
This is for a really important cause, people. Please do help if you can. It's also a great way for you to meet members from Oxfam UQ, learn more about the Grow campaign and have a really fun day, too:)

 Please send me an email if you would like to help at the stall, bake something or both, at jyoti...@uqconnect.edu.au

On behalf of the Oxfam UQ Executive, I would like to thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Warm wishes,
Jyoti Jude Menon.
Oxfam UQ Coordinator.

Website: www.OxfamUQ.org

Our mailing address is:

The University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072 Australia

Sent to vonc...@gmail.comwhy did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
OxfamUQ · Level 2, Student Union Building · University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus · Brisbane, Queensland 4072
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp