Hello ecobug friends!
sorry for the late notice, evidently googlegroups is not spelt gogglegroups.. eek.
Ecobug AGM & **Full Moon Fiesta**
It's the time of year to nominate new people into the roles that
keep Ecobug functioning and conveniently it's also full moon feasting
time! At the moment without a store things are a bit compilcated but
come along and we can explain it, brainstorm ideas and eat free brownies! New ideas are what keep us going so if ya got any feel free to share them.
WHAT - Ecobug AGM & Full Moon Fiesta
Thursday 23rd 5pm, then feasting from 6:30pm in the Alumni Court
WHERE - Priestly Blg 67, Room 142
WHY - to ensure the co-op lives on (by electing new co-ordinators)
& enjoy delicious goodies (including brownies!)
See ya there!
Kristy & the Ecobug 2010 Co-ordinators
CALL OUT for nominations
There's 5 co-ordinating roles to be filled for Ecobug to function
properly, they start 2 weeks after the AGM and the first thing is to
organise the end of year celebration.
Anyone can take on a role, we'll give you some training and most of us will be around if you have questions.
To nominate send an email to ecobug.f...@gmail.com
your name, student number and a nomination schpiel (which role you want
to do and why, what you'll bring to the role etc), ideally
before Thursday, but you could also nominate at the AGM.
The main tasks for each of the roles are oulined below - (more comprehensive in our constitution)
- Liaise with the UQ Union, Clubs & Societies Officers & Co-ordinator to ensure all our obligations are met
- Organise Co-op meetings (like the AGM) working with the Organisation Co-ordinator
- Offer support to the other co-ordinators
- being up to date with the functioning of the co-op
2. Finance Co-ordinator
- monthly bank reconcilitation
- prepare a budget for the following year
- general account keeping tasks, tracking purchases & payments
- oversee the collection of membership fees
3. Organisation Coordinator
- Ensure meeting minutes are taken and filed appropriately
- Answer general co-op email and requests
- Send out regular updates/newsletter
4. Shop/Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Ensure smooth functioning of shop/stalls
- Co-ordinate volunteer roster
- Conduct volunteer induction
5. Stock Co-ordinator
- Organise end of semester stocktake
- Purchase stock in collaboration with the Finance co-ord
Technically we also have Shift co-ordinators and ethical
researchers but without a store there's not much point. We can fill
these roles when we havew a space again.
Any questions feel free to send me an email.