Supplements/Vitamins

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 1, 2012, 5:46:55 PM1/1/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
I'm just wondering what types of supplements or multi-vitamins people
are taking that seem to work well? I am currently taking a vegan multi-
vitamin for women, but are there other supplements I should be taking
while cleansing? What combo of supplements have you taken that seems
to work well for you?

Eco-Vegan Gal

Jan 2, 2012, 9:20:28 PM1/2/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashley,

I don't supplements are too necessary, aside from vitamin B12. If you have a varied diet with lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds and legumes you'll get of plenty of things like calcium and omega-3s, and spend some time outside everyday for vitamin D (plus some fortified foods). Superfood powders are great, like Vitamineral Green or Amazing Grass - they're give your health an overall boost. You may also want to take some probiotics or enzymes for digestion. Hope that helps!

~ Whitney

cheryl...@hotmail.com

Jan 3, 2012, 9:34:49 PM1/3/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi Ashley-

I agree with Whitney, I stopped buying supplements because felt I
would rather eat my food. I use Amazing Grass Energy in my green juice
and Amazing Meal in my smoothies, and I am doing one or the other
every morning. They both are "amazing" (no pun intended.)
Cheryl

Kristahl m

Jan 4, 2012, 1:59:10 AM1/4/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Ashley,

I do not take any supplements. I eat a wide range of food and my
intakes are at a good level. If I have a bad week/day of not getting
enough Iron I have Iron supplements on hand. But otherwise, I feel
getting as much as we can from our foods is the best way.

Cheryl/Whitney, I must check out these 'Amazing' products. I wonder if
the have then in Australia? I would love to get some!

Kristahl

On Jan 4, 12:34 pm, "cherylkoot...@hotmail.com"

StephNE500

Jan 4, 2012, 6:56:06 AM1/4/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
I have the Deva vegan multi-vitamin that I take infrequently, because I usually forget to take it.  I don't worry myself about taking a supplement.  Like others said, I just try to eat a variety of foods.  I also track my nutrition on myfitnesspal.com so I can track what I eat and see if I need more iron or vitamin C or whatever.  It helps me a lot to do this even though it is somewhat time consuming.  I get carried away with eating if I don't keep track.  I think it's the special educator data collector in me :)

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 4, 2012, 11:34:48 AM1/4/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Thanks so much for all of the tips! I think I will try out the
'Amazing' products - can you order them online or where do you get
them?