Snacks

Eco-Vegan Gal

Jan 6, 2012, 9:21:04 PM1/6/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
What have been your favorite cleanse snacks so far?

Tanya S.

Jan 6, 2012, 9:51:08 PM1/6/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Green Juice and Fruit.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Eco-Vegan Gal <engagepr...@gmail.com> wrote:
What have been your favorite cleanse snacks so far?

http://www.ecovegangal.com

Sherrie Collins

Jan 6, 2012, 11:30:56 PM1/6/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com

Dried mango pcs and pumpkin seeds. Yum!

On Jan 6, 2012 8:21 PM, "Eco-Vegan Gal" <engagepr...@gmail.com> wrote:

What have been your favorite cleanse snacks so far?

StephNE500

Jan 7, 2012, 10:05:42 AM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
A rice cake topped with a little peanut butter and banana slices, carrots ... I actually haven't been snacking much.  I have found that I don't really need or want to.  Popped some popcorn kernels and added some nutritional yeast and a little salt one night, even though I wasn't sure if popcorn was a good choice or not based on the CSD?

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 7, 2012, 11:56:32 AM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
I've been having a raw food bar (bella bars) every now and then. I
also love munching on carrots and homemade hummus. But like Steph I've
found that I havent really wanted to snack all that much.

StephNE500

Jan 7, 2012, 12:07:19 PM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't heard of Bella Bars, I'll have to look into it.  I forgot I did snack on a LARABAR last night.  Those are good options for a snack, especially the mini ones because they're only 90 calories.  Has anyone tried to make their own raw bar?  It seems like it shouldn't be that hard but I haven't looked into recipes or anything.

Tanya S.

Jan 7, 2012, 1:22:00 PM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steph! Not sure about the popcorn, but I'm just so happy you're still with us, and doing your best! Just KEEP GOING my friend!

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 7, 2012, 4:45:05 PM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
I did a review of the Bella Bar recently, so feel free to check that
out if you want - it's a pretty new bar on the market so I'm not sure
which stores carry it, but you can buy online.
http://theunintentionalvegan.com/bella-bars-product-review

I have made my own before - they are pretty easy to make if you have a
food processor. Basically just use dates as your base and then add
other dried fruits (ones without any additives, like sugar) and
whichever nuts you like best.

I've made one with dates, dried apricots, and cashews before and they
were delicious. You'll want to blend up the dates a bit first and then
add in the nuts. Let that go in the food processor for like 5 minutes
or so and you'll notice it starts to turn to a paste-like consistency.
Then you can toss in the dried fruit and process for 1-2 more minutes.
Then just take out the ball of goodness and press it into a small
brownie pan. Let it chill for an hour or so then cut it into bars. You
can kind of eyeball the proportions of each ingredient to suite your
own tastes. I generally just make sure that the dates are main
ingredients, then the nuts, then the dried fruit.

These will keep in the fridge for a couple of days. They may seem a
bit slimy but they taste awesome! If you try them let me know how they
turn out!