Need New Recipes!

KERC

Jan 6, 2012, 12:54:37 PM1/6/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hello All! Thank you for all your advice and inspiration. This is my
first post, but I have been actively reading all the other posts. So
far I feel great on the cleanse. I have not been able to add exercise
in as I got bronchitis one day into the cleanse so I have been a
little down for the count. I have been on my vegan journey for 2
years since I started to have complications with multiple connective
tissue disease. It has been a long road as living in Tennessee most
people look at me like I am crazy. It only got worse when I started
the cleanse. Luckily, I have a really awesome husband who has taken
the journey with me. We have somewhat hit a wall with recipes
though. I went through all my cookbooks and have been searching the
Internet. I tried one last night that was awful. Does anyone have a
great recipe that they have used with the cleanse?

Cheers to green juice,

--

Kristina Clark

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 6, 2012, 1:14:43 PM1/6/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
Hi Kristina! It's awesome to have you in the group! I'm happy to hear
that you have some support at home at least!

What types of recipes are you looking for? Raw, juice, smoothies, etc?

www.choosingraw.com has some of the most consistently delicious raw
recipes I've found, but sometimes the prep is a little complicated. If
you can give me some more info I can try to help out as best as I can!

Clark, Kristina

Jan 6, 2012, 1:24:22 PM1/6/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much, Ashley!  I am looking for raw recipes and cooked. I am following the Crazy, Sexy, Diet Cleanse now so I'm doing 80% raw 20% cooked.

http://www.ecovegangal.com

--
Kristina Clark
Executive Director

Lena Mengel

Jan 6, 2012, 4:42:50 PM1/6/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
I'm having a lot of salad, steamed brokkoli and quinoa, cooked
buckwheat with raw shredded carrots and tahini...

On 6 Jan., 19:24, "Clark, Kristina" <kcl...@ccantidrug.org> wrote:
> Thanks so much, Ashley!  I am looking for raw recipes and cooked. I am
> following the Crazy, Sexy, Diet Cleanse now so I'm doing 80% raw 20% cooked.
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan] <
>

> ashleyflit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Kristina! It's awesome to have you in the group! I'm happy to hear
> > that you have some support at home at least!
>
> > What types of recipes are you looking for? Raw, juice, smoothies, etc?
>
> >www.choosingraw.comhas some of the most consistently delicious raw

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 7, 2012, 11:53:43 AM1/7/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
You're welcome, Kristina! I have been eating a lot of salad as well. I
generally do a mix of kale and spinach as the base and then add
tomatoes, avocado, and mushrooms. I also made this carrot-cabbage slaw
with tahini to reaaly boost the heft of the salad
http://theunintentionalvegan.com/intuitive-cooking-raw-carrot-cabbage-slaw
. My favorite cooked element to add is chickpeas - they add lots of
flavor and will help you feel satiated! Hope all of this is helping!

On Jan 6, 3:42 pm, Lena Mengel <ilikemusi...@web.de> wrote:
> I'm having a lot of salad, steamed brokkoli and quinoa, cooked
> buckwheat with raw shredded carrots and tahini...
>
> On 6 Jan., 19:24, "Clark, Kristina" <kcl...@ccantidrug.org> wrote:
>

> > Thanks so much, Ashley!  I am looking for raw recipes and cooked. I am
> > following the Crazy, Sexy, Diet Cleanse now so I'm doing 80% raw 20% cooked.
>
> > On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan] <
>
> > ashleyflit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Kristina! It's awesome to have you in the group! I'm happy to hear
> > > that you have some support at home at least!
>
> > > What types of recipes are you looking for? Raw, juice, smoothies, etc?
>
> > >www.choosingraw.comhassome of the most consistently delicious raw

StephNE500

Jan 7, 2012, 12:19:36 PM1/7/12
to eco-vegan-...@googlegroups.com
I'm kind of in the same boat, Kristina as far as recipes go.  When I'm eating just vegan, not necessarily just raw, I tend to stick with making the same types of dinners:  rice pasta and tomato sauce with sauteed veggies, rice/quinoa mixture with veggies and beans, salad.  Before I went gluten-free, I'd buy prepared veggie patties and frozen sweet potato fries to bake for convenience.  It's not really a lack of finding recipes because those seem to be abundant online and in cookbooks .... with me it's more the unfamiliarity of many ingredients that tend to go in those recipes.  As I've said, I don't have the greatest access to things and so it takes a great deal of planning for me to be able to get the right ingredients.  I think this is one reason why my husband hasn't quite embraced eating vegan, because I'm not quite proficient in cooking vegan yet, so the non-vegan stuff is still more appealing to him/his taste buds.  He will say, "You used to be a good cook."  Meaning, before I started eating vegan.  I've heard Happy Herbivore is a good resource for recipes as well as Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan ... but I don't have either of them, lol.

Ashley F. [The Unintentional Vegan]

Jan 8, 2012, 10:59:34 AM1/8/12
to Eco-Vegan Gal Cleanse
You'll get there Steph! One great resource for learning about all of
the ingredients is Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's 30 Day Vegan Challenge.
It has chapters on different vegan products and why/how to use them.